Tuesday, November 02, 2004

An Appeal from America's Mayor

Last week, I signed up for the Republican Party's 72-hour GOTV effort. While I was disappointed that they did not conatct me to take me up on my offer to volunteer, I was not altogether surprised due to the fact that I reside in the State of Illinois, where the races for President and U.S. Senate are not expected to be close or to go in the direction I, or they, would like to see. My GOP Congresswoman is expected to easily win re-election.

I did receive the following letter, however, in my e-mail box today. It is something I would like to share with you here...

*********************************************************
On September 11, our nation faced the worst attack in our history.

On that day, we had to confront reality. Our people were brave in their response.

At the time, we believed we would be attacked many more times that day and in the days that followed. Spontaneously, I grabbed the arm of then Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik and said to Bernie, "Thank God George Bush is our President." I've been saying that every day since.

We needed George Bush then; we need him now; and we need him for four more years!

President Bush is making certain that we are combating terrorism at the source, beyond our shores, so we can reduce the risk of having to confront it in our streets at home.

John Kerry's record of inconsistent positions on combating terrorism gives us no confidence he'll pursue such a determined course.

Terrorism did not start on September 11, 2001. It had been festering for many years.

President Bush will not submit America to a "global test" from other countries that seek to dissuade us from what is necessary for our defense.

Under President Bush, America will lead rather than follow.

President Bush is the leader we need for the next four years because he sees beyond today and tomorrow. He has a vision of a peaceful Middle East and, therefore, a safer world.

And together we have a responsibility to do all we can to give President Bush four more years to continue winning the War on Terror and making the world safer.

Talk to your family, your friends, your coworkers and your neighbors. Make sure they understand the dramatic contrast between President Bush and Senator Kerry.

And make sure your fellow Americans understand the power of their vote on November 2nd--and proudly tell them that, like me, you'll be voting for George W. Bush for four more years!

Sincerely,

Rudy Giuliani

*********************************************************
Note: I have edited the above letter to correct two small syntax errors which in no way effected the context or meaning of the letter.

I have already voted today. As you may have been able to surmise, I cast my vote for President George W. Bush.

If you have not voted yet, please do so while you still can. Many brave men and women have died to give you that right. They no longer have a voice, so they are counting on you to see to it that our future is as great as our past. Do not let them down!

I spoke to one of the judges at the polling place here in my heavily Republican county. He reports that turnout has been higher than usual, which is a very good sign for our side.

I have done my part. All I can do now is sit back, relax, pray and hope as I wait for the returns to come in. Until then, God bless you all and God bless the United States of America, the brave members of our Armed Forces who have placed themselves in harm's way to protect our freedoms and President George W. Bush!

No comments: