Tuesday, June 06, 2006

WARNING: NEW PHISHING SCAM IS TROLLING, DON'T TAKE THE BAIT!

Recently, I received numerous e-mail messages featuring the names of some trusted blogger friends, urging me to join some photo sharing service called "Ringo".

Alarm bells went off when I clicked through to the site and it started asking me for my e-mail password!

IMPORTANT TIP: When responding to anything whatsoever from a link in an e-mail, if it asks you for an existing password or for some other personal info, DON'T ENTER IT! EVER!!!

I sent out a note to the two individuals whose names were being used asking if this was legit, and, not surprisingly, one of them wrote me back and informed me that it was some sort of scam!

I figured it was important enough to share with the rest of you since I am certain I am not the only one being hit with this nonsense.

Please don't fall for this scam and, if you can, please help me get the word out! Thanks.

******************************

Thanks for the link!

Freedom Folks

No comments: