Monday, July 18, 2005

More Updates to the Blog

It may not look like it to the untrained eye (i.e., the one that only looks at the posts), but I have been hard at work here over the last several days.

You may have noticed that I have joined the rebellion against the Instapundit Empire. I have spent a lot of time reading, e-mailing and playing with the sidebar in order to get caught up on this whole Blog War situation and place myself firmly on the front lines. BTW: The gun is loaded, first salvo to be fired shortly!

In addition, I have been poking around all over the 'Net looking at new and exciting blogs, which I have added to my blogroll.

Speaking of the blogroll, I keep tweaking the way it is set up. I have added a new "Regular Reading" section below "Daily Reading." I kept noticing there were many blogs I was frequenting that were not every day blogs, but were still multiple times per week blogs, and I wanted to put them in a more convenient place. Please note that I also frequent many of the "Politically Flavored Humor" sites and "Illinois Bloggers" on a regular basis. The rest of the sites listed get visited from time to time and are well worth a link.

If you have blogrolled me, but I have not returned the favor yet - it means I have not noticed the link. Please e-mail me or leave a comment calling my attention to the oversight and I will take care of the situation.

I have moved the Kerry SF-180 Clock to the bottom of the right margin. I'm sick of looking at it, most everybody else has dropped it and, let's face it, the weasel is not going to ever sign a general release of those records for public consumption because he likely has something to hide! I may decide to chuck it completely in the near future. For now, if you care, it's all the way down on the right.

I have copied and pasted all the comments I could find that got lost when I changed over to Haloscan. It feels good to have them back.

I have also added several flattering quotes that are lifted from the comments made on this blog and pasted them in the margin. They were somewhat humorous and a lot of other people had quotes singing the praises of their blogs posted in the margins, so why not? If you are a fellow blogger, and I quoted you there, I also gave you a gratuitous link to show my appreciation. I have also started a trophy collection space of a sort right below it. It is for "reviews" of me or my opinions from some of the folks who disagree. The one shown comes from another blog, but I refuse to award THAT with a permalink. (Trust me, the quotes are accurate.) Aren't moonbats fun?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to post the results of the photo contest, start a new one, and lie about the vile one. Busy, busy, busy!

More changes to come...

No comments: