Thursday, March 23, 2006

Explaining My Absence...

For any of you who may be wondering where I've wandered off to, I just wanted to let you know that I am currently dealing with a situation regarding the health of my father, which has been keeping my blogging time (both reading and posting) at next to none since Sunday evening.

My wife and I were expecting to go to dinner with my dad that evening, instead we ended up spending many hours in the emergency room while they ran tests and then finally admitted him for further testing and observation, after which we had to take care of several things at his apartment before we could return home and do a number of necessary small chores before going to bed in the wee small hours. The last several days have been stressful, but hopeful, and most of my spare time has been spent on various chores and visits.

I don't want to go into too much detail, except to say that at this time, he is improving primarily with the help of medication, and it is hoped that he can be released soon and return to a fairly normal life. The only real hurdle remaining at the moment is a procedure they are performing tomorrow while I am stuck at work worrying and trying to get through what promises to be a longer than usual 10 hour work day.

If all goes well, I will return soon. If not, it may be awhile. I will try to keep up with the captions contest if nothing else, but I cannot promise anything at this time. Thank you for your understanding and God bless.

-Mr. Right-

******************************

UPDATE 3/27:

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for the many well-wishes and prayers. It means a lot, thank you all very much.

Next, I would like to let you all know that my father is home from the hospital and doing well. He was released Saturday after they cancelled the procedure they had set for Thursday. With any luck, he should continue to improve with regular nursing visits, check-ups and medication.

Finally, I am almost done judging the overdue photo caption contest and will be posting it soon!

All the best,
Mr. Right

******************************

Thanks for the link!

Lucky Dawg News

No comments: