Friday, November 25, 2005

A Grey Eagle Update

I just wanted to let you know that Grey Eagle has a new post up. I've posted a bit at my other blog A Rose By Any Other Name, but you should read all of her post at her site A Female Soldier 2.
Finally in closing, I wish to thank all of you who left comments and email, and invited me into your hearts and into your prayers. I am a simple soldier, a combat medic, who has had the honor of serving with the 101st and with the proud soldiers who make up Charlie Company. I am not a hero, there are way too many other men and women here who wake up every morning to face the dangers in the streets, in the cities, and in operations that await who deserve that title. But, for me each soldier I treat is a hero, I am honored to have been a part of their lives, even for a moment and to have cared for them and treated their wounds. Each soldier that lies before me seeking comfort is a piece of my heart, and together these pieces give me strength and give me pride and to face the holidays before me not with sadness but with spirit and dignity with the knowledge that I shared in their courage. Feel proud America, for your children, your husbands, your wives, your brothers and sisters, your fathers and mothers have shared their blood, their sweat, their tears on this soil side by side with the Iraqi people and have etched in the sand a voice greater than all who oppose freedom and the soldiers those who serve it. We Shall Prevail!

Happy Thanksgiving
Grey Eagle
“Air Assault!”

Go and give a thanks to all our soldiers. Grey Eagle gives a site that you can go and send messages and letters to the soldiers, but you can also leave comments on all the different MilBlogs. There are some awesome blogs out there, too. Go, read, enjoy!

No comments: