Saturday, December 17, 2005

Captions Outrageous! Winners [Heaven Must Be Missing an Angel Edition]

Announcing the winners of the 22nd ever Right Place Photo Caption Contest!

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who helped make this our most successful Photo Caption Contest yet! Make sure you read the comments from the original section, as there are far too many good ones to mention them all here (though I like to think I hit the highlights)!

Second, I would like to state, for the record, that I was unaware of either the much earlier contest at Wizbang! which featured a different, but very similar picture (it dates back to March - well before I followed caption contests closely) or the concurrent contest at GOP and College which featured the same exact photo!

The only reason I know about the former is due to Wizbang's own Jay Tea leaving us a link in the comments during the contest (thanks, actually) - be sure to check it out, many, many more fun captions!

All Caption Entries: Wizbang!
Winners: Wizbang!

The only reason I know about the latter is due to a link I found to it on IMAO after I had posted my own. It, too, has some great captions, be sure to check it out as well!

All Caption Entries: GOP and College
Winners: GOP and College

I make a point of checking the five contests I link to every week before posting my own, but the GOP and College contest is either a new one or a one-off deal. I likely would have seen it earlier since I read IMAO all the time, but I have fallen woefully behind in both my reading and writing these last couple of weeks! [NOTE: Congratulations to the Great Frank J. and SarahJ (nee K) on their recent nuptials!]

Of course, it is still a happy accident that I never knew anybody else was using this picture, as it is a true gem and the responses are wonderful, so I am glad I can claim ignorance and actually went ahead and used it after all!

Enough with the mindless blather! Without further ado...

Presenting the top TWENTY (+) captions for this picture from AFP/Getty Images/File via Yahoo!...




Wait! Some bonus awards first!


The "If I Could Have Entered My Own Contest" Award:

"Yeeeeeeaaaaarrrrrrgh!" the Howard Angel screamed! Glory to the Moonbat King...

Mr. Right


The "Best Caption That Already Won Wizbang's Contest" Award:

The voices in Dean's head hold their weekly weenie roast.

D. Carter (The original author, so all due props!)


The "Mr. Right's Favorite Entry at Wizbang, Even if It Only Came in 3rd Place Over There and He Didn't Enter Here" Award:

Every time a bell rings, a moonbat gets his wings.

Tom Hanna


The "Are You Calling Him a Jerk?" Award:

"The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity I need! My name in print! That really makes somebody! Things are going to start happening to me now!"

Songbird


And now, on with the countdown...


#20: Howard Dean, wearing his signature Bad Idea Jeans, explained, "Normally I wear protection, but then I thought, 'When am I gonna make it back to Haiti?'"

Will Franklin
[Lifted from an old SNL skit, IIRC]


#19: Then he did raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, oh Lord, that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy."

Stew
["What's he do, nibble your bum?"]


#18: The lights are on but is anyone home?

don


#17: One speech on Iraq was enough to convince Johnny Storm that he had discovered Dr. Doom's secret identity. "Flame on!"

V the K


#16: The real reason behind Howie's rise to top dog at the DNC: 'The Digital Multivac 5000 Brain Combobulator and Hairdrier.'

SJJ


#15: As Einstein had anticipated, the space-time continuum was ripped open, and the 'Good Howard Dean' stepped through the warp just in time to save the Democratic Party from the 'Bad Howard Dean': "The President is doing the right thing, and we need to stay in Iraq and finish the job!"

T.M. [aka Giacomo]


#14: "Thanks, Al. My pilot light hasn't been working since Andrew Sullivan blew in my ear."

V the K


#13: Photographic evidence proves the theory that Dean's head really did explode back in New Hampshire. Luckily for the DNC, no one noticed.

Songbird


#12: Caught on film: Dean having another (bad) idea.

spacemonkey


#11: The recipe for idiotic statements requires that the brain first be preheated to 350 degrees.

D. Carter


#10: The tiny flying saucer, finding no evidence of intelligent life, flies away.

D. Carter


#9: Rove's top secret brain control device continues to prove its value.

I. Ronnie


#8: Close Encounters of the Moonbat Kind.

Windhamite


#7: "You want me to turn around because The Mothership is right behind me? Really, Mr. Farrakhan, how stupid do you think I am?"

V the K


#6: Coming Soon: The Passion of the Dean

spacemonkey


#5: Dubya: "So... Howie's an angel? We'll see how he feels with the White House Christmas Tree shoved up his..."

Rodney Dill


#4: "... And then me and the rest of the Heaven's Gate Cult are gonna go to Mars... and Venus... and Saturn... and Neptune... and Pluto... and we're going to Alpha Centauri... and then we're going to The Crab Nebula to take back the Great Attractor! Yeeearrrrgh!!!"

V the K


#3: "Thanks for that question. Yes, I do kinda see myself as the savior of the Democratic Party."

DaveD


#2: In a yearly tradition, Howard Dean's head lice turn on their holiday lights.

Special Ed


And the winning entry for this Caption Contest...


#1: Howard hated the Iraq War! The whole Iraq War reason!
Now, please don't ask why. We all know its treason.
It could be that his head wasn't screwed on quite right.
It could be, perhaps, that his mouth was a blight.
But I think that the most likely reason of all...
May have been that his brain was two sizes too small.

Rodney Dill
[Who becomes our first ever 3 time winner!]


BONUS! Two, yes two photoshop awards this week!

First, our runner-up from Windhamite...





Next, what I think has to be the funniest one yet from our King of the Photoshops, Chris...





Bravo! Bravo! Take a bow, everyone!

Encore! Encore!

Presenting:

Captions Outrageous! [Spirits of Christmas Present Edition]

Enjoy!


PREVIOUS PHOTO CAPTION CONTEST WINNERS:

Oh, Thank Heaven for 7/11 Edition
Fickle Finger of Fate Edition
Things Are Looking Up Edition
Rage in the Cage Edition
Not So Mellow Fellow in Yellow Edition
The Beards and the Beads Edition
Weapons of Mash Destruction Edition
You're Al I Ever Wanted Edition
His Cup Runneth Over Edition
The Eyes Have It Edition
Jeepers Veepers Edition
Huggermugger Edition
Ear's to You Edition
Heavy Medal Edition
Village of the Damned Edition
White on Rice Edition
Sunny Side Up Edition
Absentee Mallet Edition
French Tickler Edition
In Through the Out Door Edition
Frankenstein Meets Godzilla Edition

And, in case you haven't yet seen it, here are the updated overall rankings for the first 20 caption contests!!!

******************************

Thanks for the links!

Lucky Dawg News
Elephants in Academia

This post is proudly featured in...

Carnival of the Clueless #26 at Right Wing Nut House
Carnival of Comedy #34 at IMAO

No comments: