Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Caption This! Winners [Things Are Looking Up Edition]

Announcing the winners of the third ever Right Place Photo Caption Contest!

Thank you to all who participated. Yet again, the responses were phenomenal, providing me with enough quality captions to construct a full top 10 list! (I cannot promise to keep on listing that many, unless, of course, you can promise me that you will continue to provide so many good captions!)

And now... presenting the top ten captions for this picture [from AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta via Yahoo!]





#10: Schumer: "I'm pretty sure I have five brain cells left."

Roberts: "Please - get me outta here..."

algonquin


#9: I sh*t you not, Judge, that list of hair plug donors is now 500 strong.

THIRDWAVEDAVE


#8: Go ahead and pray to your God, Roberts. He won't help you get confirmed.

spacemonkey


#7: Judge Roberts is looking for the place he will mount Schumer's head for the Judge's collection of his safari trophies! "Hmmmm...," Judge Roberts thinks to himself, "First Schumer, next, who knows? Maybe a Howard Dean or a Dick Durbin would look nice up there? Ted Kennedy's head is too big to fit in this small of a space!"

Zsa Zsa


#6: Roberts: "I like your paintings. Is that a Picasso?"
Schumer: "No, that's my wife."
Roberts: "Ah, right. Could've sworn it was impressionism. She's quite a catch..."

PK


#5: And this is the wall where I keep the reputations of the conservatives who try to get appointed.

bill c


#4: Why, yes, I do really believe that that mold spot on the ceiling is a manifestation of the Virgin Mary speaking to me.

Rodney Dill


#3: Oh, John, don't worry about that little hammer and sickle, it's just "retro Communist chic."

Will Franklin


#2: You're right, Senator Schumer, that is a big ego you have there.

edward


And the winning entry for this Caption Contest...

#1: I'm a huge fan of both the Sistine Chapel and Helen Thomas, so naturally, this was the end result...

Hoodlumman


Applause all around!

Did you make the top ten? Win it all? Prepare to defend your title!

Didn't make the list this time? Don't be discouraged - try again! Keep making my job judging this contest as tough as possible!

(BTW - Quite a few new additions to my blogroll have come from these contests in the last few weeks, so, you never know...)

Presenting:

Caption This! [Rage in the Cage Edition]

Enjoy!


PREVIOUS PHOTO CAPTION CONTEST WINNERS:

Oh, Thank Heaven for 7/11 Edition
Fickle Finger of Fate Edition

No comments: