Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Captions Outrageous! Winners [Mad Hatter Edition]

Announcing the winners of the 7th Right Place Photo Caption Contest of Season Two!

Thank you to one and all who participated!

Presenting the top 30 captions for this picture from AP Photo/Ron Heflin via Yahoo!



HONORABLE MENTION:

-- "I'm picking up those radio signals from George Bush again... QUICK! Gimme my tin foil beanie cap!"

Carl


-- For one brief moment, Cindy Sheehan considers the possibility that she's nothing but a ridiculous, posturing ass.

D. Carter


-- "Oh, why did I settle for this wicker basket on my head? I wanted tin foil..."

-- "No, don't wake up from your reverie, Cindy... Hugo and Che at the same time..."

Damian G.


-- "Cindy, stay awake! These are your own speeches you are listening to!"

Doc


-- "Casey! Why does your spirit keep smacking me?" {*smack*} "Do you want me to protest more?" {*smack*} "OW!"

GOP and College


-- "Al... Hugo... Jesse... I can't remember ANYONE's phone number."

Greg Finnegan


-- "The mothership is calling... Yes, oh mighty Soros, I am here."

ILikeIke


-- "Calgon, take me away!"

I R A Darth Aggie


-- Cindy found the hollow whistling sound she heard every time the wind picked up quite annoying.

jimmyb


-- "Quiet, I'm channeling Casey... He is saying, 'Mom, you idiot, STFU!'... Nooooooooooo!"

JorgXMcKie


-- "I'm ready for my closeup, Mr. DeMille."

-- "Casey's insurance money is almost gone. What can I do to make more without working? Think, Cindy, think!"

Pam


-- "I knew I should've taken the blue pill...
I knew I should've taken the blue pill...
I knew I should've taken the blue pill..."

Rodney Dill


-- Cindy appreciates the comforting caress of Medea "Man Hands" Benjamin.

-- As Cindy Sheehan acted out the diner scene from When Harry Met Sally, her audience lost, in order, their drinks, their lunches, and their minds.

V the K


-- "I think I drank the Kool-Aid a little too fast."

-- "God, I miss Hugo. Those lips, those eyes, those dictitorial tendencies!"

walrus


-- "I'm feeling faint from my hunger strike! Quick, somebody get me some ice cream and Jamba Juice! And how about a couple Big Macs while you're at it?"

W.C. Varones


-- "Geez, I feel like I've been out of it for two years! What did Jesse Jackson slip into my drink?"

Windhamite


THE TOP TEN:

#10: "Maybe they're right. Maybe my son died in a noble cause to bring freedom to a long suffering people. Maybe in my grief, I have gone too far, associating with people I would normally never be seen with and letting them use me for their own leftist, Anti-Semitic agenda. Maybe George Bush is just a good man doing his best in extremely difficult times and not the Antichrist. Maybe............ NAHHH!!!!!!"

anybodyinpoulsbo


#9: "You be quiet, voice #14, I'm trying to listen to voice #46."

V the K


#8: "I am JUST as pretty as Laura. Why, oh why, won't George talk to me?"

ILikeIke


#7: "I've got a headache THIS BIG and it's screaming for Sharpton!"

V the K


#6: "Now, where did I leave my sunglasses?"

Anna


#5: "Oh, Lord, please don't let me appear in any more blog caption contests!"

Rodney Dill


#4: "Mork calling Orson. Come in, Orson."

V the K


#3: "I'm not feeling so good, anyone have a headstoneless grave I can lie down on?"

walrus


#2: Cindy Sheehan's hat, embarrassed to be seen with her in public, would sometimes try to disguise itself.

Steve O


And the winning entry for this Caption Contest...


#1: "Slytherin!"

Trias


PARTIAL BONUS!

Who’s peakin’ out from under a pup tent
Callin’ on Bush to be impeached?
Who’s disgracin’ her fine son’s memory?
Everyone knows it’s Cindy.

Who’s trippin’ down to protest at Crawford
Smilin’ at everybody she sees?
Who’s reachin’ out to friends like Hugo?
Everyone knows it’s Cindy.

And Cindy has hounddog eyes
That droop as she spins her lies
And Cindy has learned to cry
In front of crowds.
In front of crowds.

And Cindy has thorny ties
To commies and Leftist guys
And Cindy should say good-bye
‘Cause she’s too loud.
‘Cause she’s too loud.

Who’s jettin’ down to see Hugo Chavez
Smilin’ at all the media cheese?
Who’s as full o’ crap as a Christmas turkey?
Everyone knows it’s Cindy.

Beerme

Good enough for partial credit, Beerme, but a better version has ALREADY BEEN DONE!


BONUS!

Hooray! Chris is back, with a vengeance...





THE BIG BONUS!!!

With apologies to Ernest Lawrence Thayer, baseball, apple pie and moms everywhere...

The outlook wasn’t brilliant for the moonbat kind that day:
The Bush admin was still intact with one election left in play.
So when Clooney’s act died at first, and Barbara’s did the same,
A Sickly silence fell upon the patrons of the blame game.

A straggling few got up to go in deep despair. The rest
Clung to the hope which springs eternal in the liberal breast;
They thought if only Casey’s Mom could get the message out
We’d even put Soros' money up for Mother Moonbat's words to tout.

But Cheney argued cogently and there was always little Karl Rove
And the former made them crazy and the later conspiracies wove.
So upon the stricken moonbatitude a grim melancholy sat
For there seemed but little chance of Casey’s Mom changing any of that.

But Cheney shot a doctor, and the MSM overhyped it with a fury
And Rove, the much dispised, was gonna get indicted by the Grand Jury.
But when the dust had settled, the liberals saw what had occurred.
Cheney was still in office and Libby, not Rove, had a subpoena served.

So from moonbat throats there rose a lusty yell;
It tumbled through the networks, it rattled in the dell;
It knocked upon the internet and recoiled through the pines
For Casey’s Mom, the Mighty Moonbat, would advance the liberal line.

There was ease in Sheehan’s manner as she stepped into her place;
There was pride in Sheehan’s bearing, and a frown on Sheehan’s face.
And when, responding to their fears, she put on a tin foil hat
No stranger in the crowd could doubt she was the Mother of all Moonbats.

Thousands of eyes were on her as she dished her liberal dirt,
Thousands of tongues applauded as she played upon her hurt.
And while the sane among us questioned her liberal script,
Defiance flashed in Cindy’s eyes and a sneer curled Cindy’s lip.

And now the counter arguments came hurtling through the air
And Cindy stood a-watching them in haughty grandeur there.
Close by the raving spokesman, the truth unheeded sped-
“That can’t be true” said Casey’s Mom, “Strike one” the Neo-cons said.

From the streets, filled with hippies, there went up a muffled roar
Like the beating of the storm waves on a stern and distant shore.
“Kill them! Kill the Republicans!” shouted all the peaceniks in the stands
and it’s likely they’d have rioted had not Cindy raised her hand.

With a smile of false sincerity great Cindy’s visage shone
She stilled the rising tumult with a promise she would fast on;
She signaled to her critics, and once more the factoids flew,
But still Cindy ignored the truth, and the ‘Right’ said “Strike Two!”

“Fraud!” cried the maddened masses, and echo answered fraud;
but one scornful look from Cindy and the liberals were awed.
They saw her face frow stern and cold, saw her brain muscles strain,
And they knew that Cindy wouldn’t let another fact go by again.

The sneer is gone from Cindy’s lip, her teeth are clenched in hate;
She pounds with cruel violence her verbiage upon the State.
And now the ‘Right’ hold the truth, and now they let it go,
And now the air is shattered by the force of Sheehan’s blow.

Oh somewhere in a liberal land the sun is shining bright,
The Dixie Chicks play somewhere, somewhere hearts are light.
And somewhere terrorists are laughing and somewhere Al-Qaeda shouts,
But there is no joy in Moonbatville, Mother Moonbat has struck out.

walrus


Bravo! Bravo!

Encore! Encore!

ONGOING:
Captions Outrageous! [Chain of Fools Edition]

Enjoy!


PREVIOUS SEASON TWO PHOTO CAPTION CONTEST WINNERS:

#1 - Dissenting Opinion Edition
#2 - White Raspbeary Edition
#3 - Totally Busted Edition
#4 - Havana Good Time, Glad You're Not Here Edition
#5 - Right Hand to God Edition
#6 - Some Assembly Required Edition

PHOTO CAPTION CONTEST REWIND, Season One #7:

Weapons of Mash Destruction Edition

Right Place Photo Caption Contest Hall of Glory



******************************

Thanks for the links!

Conservathink
The Conservative Cat

No comments: