Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Katrina's Aftermath

Hurricane Katrina will be no more in a couple of hours, yet the damage the storm caused will linger for many months to come. Our hearts go out to the victims whose lives were claimed, as well as the survivors who must start the painful process of rebuilding their lives.

For those of us who can, a contribution to a relief agency such as The Red Cross or Catholic Charities would be welcome.

-Stephen Johnson-

******************************

Thank you, Stephen.

I would just like to take this opportunity to add a few words here. I have spent the last couple of days trying to get my head around this immense tragedy, but I still find myself unable to truly comprehend it, as it just all seems so unreal. My heart and my prayers go out to all of the people affected by this horrific storm and its aftermath.

If you would like to help, in addition to Stephen's fine suggestions, you can find more here:

Instapundit - Flood Aid Update.

I have also heard a number of people on both radio and television saying good things about this charity over the last two days:

Feed the Children.

And there is always another old favorite:

The Salvation Army.

Any more suggestions or links are welcome in the comments section.

-Mr. Right-

No comments: