Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Captions Outrageous! Winners [Havana Good Time, Glad You're Not Here Edition]

Announcing the winners of the 4th Right Place Photo Caption Contest of Season Two!

Thank you to one and all who participated!

Presenting the top 40 captions for this picture from AFP/File/Miguel Rojo via Yahoo!



HONORABLE MENTION:

-- Castro, Fidel... while Cuba burns.

charles austin


-- "Yo, Barkeep, one Cuba Libré over here!... PSYCHE!!!"

Cowboy Blob


-- "Communism is the equivalent of everybody in Cuba pulling my finger."

D. Carter


-- Fidel announces that he is transferring power, temporarily, to the shadow puppet on his left.

DaveD


-- Castro tests the old adage: "You don't need a mortician to know which way the wind blows."

Dave E.


-- ♫ One - Singular sensation... ♫
Doc


-- Fidel comes up 996 "points of light" short...

hatless in hattiesburg


-- "Mira! Mira! The Mothership returns to take me home!"

Maggie


-- Reuters photoshopped this. Notice, the first light is the same as the third one.

the man


-- Fidel discovers that, in his afterlife, he can speak nonstop for years at a time, and concludes he must be in Heaven. His audience knows better.

McGehee


-- All of the electricity in Cuba is used to light Fidel during his important speeches.

-- CASTRO: "Give me liberty, or give me death!"
AIDE (off camera): "Sir, that's the wrong speech!"
CASTRO: "Ahem, sorry!... If you want liberty, you'll get death!"

-- "And now, a word from our sponsor, Venezuelan-owned Citgo."

Pam


-- "Move that one! Right now! What have I told you about 'shining light' on my policies?"

The Random Yak


-- "What happens in Cuba, stays in Cuba... forever!... Well, you know what I mean."

rodney dill


-- It wasn't until 30 hours later that the Cuban people realized that Fidel had not moved!

sgtfluffy


-- "I swear upon Lenin's Tomb that I am as healthy as... aaaarrrrgh!!!" [THUD!]

T.M.


-- "My fellow Cubes, ask not what you can do for your country, but what you can do for me."

Trias


-- "Walk into the light, you old dirty bastard! Walk into the light!"

-- "Fidel, you have been judged by God, and your punishment will be to serve as Uday and Qusay's towel-boy in the sulfurous spas of Hell!"

V the K


-- ♫ And when I die, and when I'm gone, there'll be one child born in this world to carry on, carry on. ♫

-- ♫ Overture, curtains, lights! This is it, the night of nights. No more rehearsing or nursing the part, we know every part by heart!
Overture, curtains, lights! This is it, we'll hit the heights! And oh what heights we'll hit, on with the show this is it! ♫

-- "We'll go for one point after the TD, guys."

-- "...And I'm going to put the next pitch right in the centerfield bleachers for little Elian, who's in the hospital."

-- "...And Red Buttons... never got a dinner."

-- "But, I didn't have the salmon mousse!"

-- Lights, camera.... death!

-- Liberal Disneyland tries out their newest animatronic entry to the Hall of Heroes.

walrus


-- "I transfer my Presidential powers to my brother. I also transfer my Insane Dictator powers to someone who can put them to good use, Howard Dean."

Windhamite


-- Q: What do you get when you cross Castro with a potato?
A: A dic-tater!

Zsa Zsa
[Pa-rum-pum!]


THE TOP TEN:

#10: ♫ Ah, ah, ah, ah, stayin' alive, stayin' alive... ♫

ScottG


#9: "...But, I wanted to go that way when I died!"

Special Ed


#8: "Wait! Before you kill them, let me make sure I'm upwind!"

The Random Yak


#7: "...And to my brother, I leave my 1953 Olds Cutlass."

DL


#6: "And one more thing... you still can't leave the island!"

Anna


#5: Fidel Castro astonishes the world by defecting during a San Diego Padres double-header.

D. Carter
[Nice play off the partially obscured message on the wall!]


#4: The Cardassians would never release Castro, so long as he insisted there were four lights.

V the K
[It's a Star Trek: The Next Generation thing. Trust me, it's very clever!]


#3: "Okay, one final question from Helen Thomas, and then I really must die."

walrus


#2: VOICE: "Fidel, walk towards the light..."
FIDEL: "That light?"

Beerme


And the winning entry for this Caption Contest...


#1: "Beam me up, Ché!"

Maggie


Bravo! Bravo!

Encore! Encore!

ONGOING:
Captions Outrageous! [Right Hand to God Edition]

Enjoy!


PREVIOUS SEASON TWO PHOTO CAPTION CONTEST WINNERS:

#1 - Dissenting Opinion Edition
#2 - White Raspbeary Edition
#3 - Totally Busted Edition


PHOTO CAPTION CONTEST REWIND, Season One #4:

Rage in the Cage Edition

Right Place Photo Caption Contest Hall of Glory



******************************

Thanks for the link!

The Conservative Cat

No comments: