Monday, July 18, 2005

Caption This! Winners [Oh, Thank Heaven for 7/11 Edition]

Announcing the winners of the first ever Right Place Photo Caption Contest!

First of all, let me thank everyone who participated. Over 50 entries were posted and considered. Thank you all so much, that is many more than I thought I would ever receive! And the quality of your entries was beyond all hope! (Incidentally, I informed my wife before she posted that her entry was not eligible for the contest.)

I'd also like to give out a special thank you to all of those who linked to this post. Without your help, this contest would likely have been a complete waste of time!

Out of all the wonderful entries received, I cut it down to a couple of dozen or so that actually made me laugh out loud when I first read them. I then whittled them down to a top 10, all of which are featured below. I must confess, picking an ordinal finish here was quite hard and I never thought I would need to award more than 1st thru 3rd places, but these are all so good, I just had to highlight every last one of them.

So, without further ado, I give you - the top ten captions for this picture from AFP via Yahoo!:





#10: You do the Hokey Pokey, and you turn yourself around, that's what it's all about!
Emile Zola


#9: With John Ashcroft's departure, Harry Reid displays the Democrats' new and improved method of covering up Mark Twain's private parts.
Evan


#8: Sen. Reid, flanked by Party Chair Dean, demonstrates the Democratic plan for the War on Terror.
Gerry Owen


#7: Harry, you drama queen, there is no God and you know it!
Will Franklin


#6: Stop calling Howard an out of control lunatic. I've spent a lot of time with him and I still have all my fingers... just don't get too close!
DON


#5: I certainly can find my own ass! First, you start with these...
Greg Toombs


#4: Argh! The sun! Quick, back to the coffins, Howard!
Evan


#3: You folks just back those cameras and microphones out of here until Mr. Dean's Ritalin kicks in, okay?
Axel Kassel


#2: Through the power of Jesus, Harry Reid finally drove out the demon that had possessed Howard Dean since his Iowa Caucus concession speech.
Sean P


And the winning entry in our first ever Caption Contest...


#1: Harry, it's the MSM! Relax, they're on our side.
SJJ


Take a bow, folks! Take a bow!

And, if any of you wonderfully witty folks would care to try your very talented hands at another one...

Presenting:
Caption This! [Fickle Finger of Fate Edition]

Enjoy!

No comments: